“I judge you when you use poor grammar”

Your.

You’re.

Not the same word. Don’t mean the same thing. Are not interchangeable.

*bangs head against wall repeatedly*

17 Responses to “I judge you when you use poor grammar”

1. kinky_tink says:

Yeh, this one gets me. I have first year ESL students that screw it up, but they kind of have a reason. By second year, they rarely make the error.

Also their and there. Annoying.

2. kippersnack says:

I think your making too much of this. Where is you’re compassion??
    😉 It drives me crazy too. If they don’t know when to use them, how difficult is it to whisper “you are” in their heads and see if it friggin fits.

3. arwenoid says:

You wanna know something weird? I think I’m getting dumber. This is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves…

…and I’ve found myself doing it recently. I don’t know what the hell is going on.

Me too! Not that I’ve ever posted anything with the mistake, but as my brain is moving along faster than my fingers can keep up, I find that I’ve typed one or the other when I didn’t mean to and I have to go back and fix it. I notice as soon as it’s typed though; I fix immediately.

I do the same thing with “its” and “it’s” too.

• arwenoid says:

It’s worse when you don’t even notice it. 🙁

This is why I really should reread things, because I’d see it immediately of course… but I’m too damned lazy. 😀

4. ysworld says:

YOUR AL TWO PICKIE

Next time I see you all I am going to ask you all to pronounce “often”.

Re: YOUR AL TWO PICKIE

Speech laziness is one thing. I know that most people say “offen” for “often” and “member” for “remember” but that’s different. Different, I say!!

• arwenoid says:

Re: YOUR AL TWO PICKIE

hell, I’m so lazy in my speech, I barely say the last syllable of my own name. A lot of my customers think my name is “Dawn”.

• kinky_tink says:

Re: YOUR AL TWO PICKIE

she’s only saying this because she makes this mistake ALL the time 😛

• ysworld says:

Re: YOUR AL TWO PICKIE

nah eyes is sayin it cause most dumb ass’s says it by pronouncing the “t” and now it is acceptable to prounounce the “t” f*in phonics I tells yah! (man it is hard to think of how to write this wrong)

I have to admit I am more concerned with speed than I am with grammer, I think it is due to trying to get my billable hours in and communicate with my friends in all the distractions on the internet..

I will try to ensure that all communications that I send to you both are free from yous yours and you’re errors..

I am lazy, sorry, I means nos disrespects, really you’re impotent to me!

5. Erin says: