Update

I was about to write that there is nothing very interesting happening in my life, which is why I haven’t been updating very frequently, but that’s not really true.

I have a real estate agent, and I am hopefully finalizing details for my pre-approval for a mortgage on Saturday. I hope to be moving into my very own condo in the next couple of months. It’s exciting for more than one reason – obviously, owning my own place will be great, but also it will be a relief to get out of the place I am in now.  There has been some serious passive-aggressive shit coming from upstairs and I am so sick of it.

I may end up moving after my surgery, but some of my awesome friends and co-workers have assured me that they are willing to move me, even if I am on crutches and unable to carry a single box myself. 🙂 I’ll throw the offer out to anyone else out there who is interested in free beer/pizza/Thai/wine/whatever else you desire (I’ve already had requests).

I bought a ‘Happy Light’ while in Campbell River but didn’t break it out until a few days ago. I have been trying to sit in front of it for at least 20 minutes every morning, and so far have not seen any positive results but I am persevering. It came with a blurb about SAD and every single one of the symptoms it listed, I have. It may be giving me mild headaches for now but if it can get rid of my ennui, I will be thrilled.

This entry was posted in the everyday. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Update

1. donna says:

hey, curious — how much did you pay for said happy light? which brand is it? I’ve been tempted to get one…

2. erin says:

Brand name is Verilux – they do a bunch of full spectrum lights. The happy light was $200 but I’m hoping that my benefits will cover at least some of the cost.

I’ll keep you updated on whether I think it was a good investment!

3. Jeanie says:

Count me in for helping with your move. Adam’s still in a sling following his shoulder surgery, but we’ll have the car insured for the next month if that helps.

YAY another moving buddy! This may end up being my easiest move yet!

4. Nicole says:

Congrats on the mortgage move!! Good timing! I totally wish I could buy before the market goes back into its regular upswing… unfortunately my money is tied up innnnnn ANOTHER EURO TRIP!

Another Euro trip?! *jealous* When and where – I want details!

5. Rachel says:

WOW, congratulations!!! That’s so exciting!

Where are you looking?

Lonsdale corridor, mostly – probably closer to the bottom than the top. 😀

6. Nicole says:

o0oh sneaky comment replies Erin!! very fancy 😀

I’m slightly inebriated at the moment so I will wait to explain my Euro trip… in short, field school #2.