I’ve been remiss – I asked Birdpress to interview me back at the beginning of February and I am only now getting around to answering. In my defence, I have been busy buying property for the first time, packing up my house, and getting ready for surgery that will leave me fairly immobile for at least a week. Still, here are her questions and my answers.
1. Would you rather live at the end of a ten mile dirt road with no other houses on it, or on the tenth floor of a busy downtown apartment building? (Assume that both places are exactly the same on the inside.)
Although my first reaction to the idea of living ten miles away from the nearest person at first creeped me out, living on the tenth floor of a downtown apartment building creeps me out more! I would much rather have nature directly outside my door, especially since then I would have legitimate reasons to have lots of dogs in my life, and get better at target practise. *grin*
2. Imagine you have a persistant knock on your door at 3 a.m., although you are not expecting anyone. What do you do?
Throw on my robe and go to the door. My front door currently has a large window in it so I would easily be able to see who it was. In the place I am moving to, I would look through the peephole and request identification before opening the door. I’m sure my heart would be pounding a mile a minute and I would feel slightly sick from the adrenaline, as I have sometimes thought about home invasions etc.
3. If you had to wear the same outfit every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Comfy cotton socks and underwear, black lulu lemon yoga pants, a stretchy tank top, and a hoodie.
4. If your vision changed so that you could see only in black and white plus one colour, what color would you choose and why?
Green, hands down. Not because it’s my favourite colour, but because it occurs in so many shades in nature and I would like to be able to still enjoy that.
5. If you became brain damaged and lost one ability that you would never get back, would you rather lose the ability to speak or the ability to read?
The rules for anyone else who wants to be interviewed:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.