Update #3: The Body Mod

One of my hard limits was no scarification, no cuttings, and no brands. I don’t have any tattoos or piercings and I had no desire to carry anyone’s mark on me for the rest of my life. M has had huge success getting inside my brain and making it his playground, and he managed to change my mind about brands and cuttings within the space of a single conversation, mostly by making me realize that I get to choose the design and it’s like body art. Plus electrical brands and cuttings don’t tend to be permanent and since I have skin that heals incredibly quickly and is intensely hard to mark in the first place, anything that gets done to me is even less likely to be permanent.

I seem to be in a place right now where I want to experience everything at least once so I said yes to an electrical brand. I chose to have a hibiscus flower in the middle of my shoulder blades, and one of the girls from work drew it on for me so all M had to do was follow the lines. I think it turned out really well:

It has already faded a lot – this was taken the following day when it was still really red. It’s more a pink now, and will continue to fade to white lines eventually and then nothing. But I really like it and may end up wanting to have it permanently.

And because the first question that everyone always asks is ‘Did it hurt?’ I’ll just answer that by saying no. *lol* I do have a very high tolerance for pain and I am what’s known as a heavy bottom because a top can play very heavily with me – I can take a LOT of sensation and pain before it becomes too much for me to process. But this was more like a stingy buzzy feeling and it was very quick – only a couple of minutes. The only thing that made it more difficult was that I breathe deeply in order to process pain and that was making my back rise and fall so M made me hold my breath when he went over it the second time. But still, really not a big deal.

Electrical brands are pretty cool to do. It’s done with a contraption called a violet wand that is used for electrical play. When doing the brand I held onto this piece that basically electrified my body. I didn’t feel any different although when I accidentally bumped my elbow into the ex-pen I got one hell of a shock! M held a small tool that has a metal point to it and when that got close enough to the skin, the electricity jumped from my body to the tool. Hold the tool there long enough (as in, half a second) and it burns the skin, creating the brand.

I also got my ears pierced today. I had tried when I was about 10 but I have a metal allergy and had to remove the studs, and it never occurred to me that there was anything else that could be used. M pointed out to me that there are wood and bone earrings and that it’s probably quite possible to get pierced with something that wouldn’t cause an allergic reaction, and I know he likes earrings on girls which did play a partial role in my deciding to get it done but it’s also something that I have always wished I could have. I got in touch with a well known piercer who is also active in the kink community and who conveniently has a shop really close to me, and he told me that we can pierce with plastic so today I went in and had it done. It didn’t hurt at all, and I now have earrings made up of a plastic shaft and titanium balls. They haven’t hurt at all today – in fact, I have forgotten that they are even there! So I think it’s safe to say that I am not going to have a reaction to them. Yay! Now I have to wait until they heal a bit and then I want to stretch them out because the earrings that I found that I want to wear on a daily basis (made of dark wood and they are spirals – so cool!) are a 6 gauge and right now my studs are only 16. If I had done any research ahead of time I would have asked to be pierced with a lower gauge right from the get-go but that’s ok. I’m sure that with my pain tolerance and quick healing abilities I’ll be able to stretch quite quickly.

Originally published at idle musings. You can comment here or there.

90 Responses to Update #3: The Body Mod

1. recreatexme says:

Years and years ago i definitely wanted a brand or cutting! Now, not so much. Yours looks lovely though.

Be careful with quick stretching. Let your ears heal all the way and then wait for an even longer time. It’ll make the stretch not only easier to do but will not result in any lasting damage to your lobes – which can look pretty nasty in a short amount of time if you go too quickly, even at small sizes. Don’t use a taper either, those things are terrible. Teflon tape (also known as plumbers tape found at any hardware store for around a dollar) is the best choice for slow stretching. Just wrap once or twice every couple of days then roll onto a hard surface. Do this until you’re at the desired size. Do you know if you’re allergic to all metal? It’s normally not suggested to use wood pieces until stretched ears are totally healed since wood is porous and can contribute to infections way more than metals. But of course you could just use PTFE (teflon, which is hopefully the kind of “plastic” you were pierced with) until it’s healed then switch to wood.

Um… yeah! I have lots and lots of experience with all things stretched ears 😉

PTFE – yes, that’s what it was! He told me that and I looked at him with this blank look on my face and he was like, “It’s plastic. No metal.” Excellent!

When you say to wrap the teflon tape, do you mean wrap it around the shaft of the studs I have now? Not that I need to know now – I want them to heal properly this time after the fiasco the last time so I will wait until they are totally healed before stretching them.

• recreatexme says:

Yep – just wrap around whatever you’re wearing. You might be only able to put one wrap on a week, it just depends on your skin. Then just replace when it gets gross. 6 is so tiny, you’ll be there in no time. I had my ears to nearly two inches for years until I took them out (I wanted smaller jewelry but they shrunk oddly so now they’re at roughly half an inch), I need surgery to get them back to normal. Blah. But it was fun while it lasted!

2. recreatexme says:

Um… yeah! I have lots and lots of experience with all things stretched ears 😉

8. recreatexme says:

Um… yeah! I have lots and lots of experience with all things stretched ears 😉

9. recreatexme says:

Um… yeah! I have lots and lots of experience with all things stretched ears 😉

10. crysania4 says:

That’s really pretty! I have NEVER heard of this electrical branding thing. I’m intrigued! Not that I could do it. I’m the total opposite to you. I’m TOTALLY pain sensitive. Even tiny shocks feel like something major to me. I’ve always wanted a small tattoo but I know I couldn’t handle the pain. Which sucks. I hate being so sensitive to pain.

• recreatexme says:

Most tattoo artists would laugh you out of the shop, but you COULD apply some lidocaine on the area before going in (or, actually, i would apply some in the bathroom while the artist is drawing everything up) and not mention it to them. It would totally be enough to take care of most of the pain – which, honestly, is not that bad if you have a good person! I promise! Just don’t get all crazy and do something on your feet 😉

• crysania4 says:

Oh man that would NEVER EVER HAPPEN. I’ve heard places like feet, ankles and wrists can hurt like hell. Which kind of sucks because something on the ankle would be pretty and easily covered up most of the time (I’d want a Phantom mask).

I admit that I am 100% a chickenshit and probably won’t ever get one. But who knows…someday maybe.

Too bad my cousin and her husband split. He was a really good tattoo artist from what I’ve seen of his stuff!

• recreatexme says:

Actually, i heard hellish things about wrist tattoos too and of course that’s the location i chose for my first one. I barely felt a thing! It was just sore for a few days, but getting it done didn’t hurt at all. If you can scrape an open paper clip on yourself that’s about all it is. My artist was pretty awesome and had a really “light” hand, which helps a lot.

But yes, feet were terrible. I do have both covered though so it’s not like it was a quick tiny tattoo. My spine also sucked but places like upper arm/legs/back/anything with some “meat” is no big deal. The pain is not nearly as bad as you’d imagine and it really only starts hurting after about 30-40 minutes, which is way longer than a small ankle tattoo would take.

Do it!

• blitzkriegx says:

Pfft! I have tattoos on my feet..two wolf paw prints and soon to be Maya’s name..and a pretty hefty tattoo on my inner forearm. I found the same thing, both places were tender for a few days afterwards but the tattoo itself didnt ‘hurt’ perse. The noise is what drove me nuts; I hate the sound of tattoo guns. I also found chewing on a straw helped, I need to focus on biting something else.

• recreatexme says:

Interesting! My other tattoos were no problem (across shoulders, neck, wrist, entire upper arm) but my feet? Totally sucked. It wasn’t scream out loud pain, but enough that I couldn’t concentrate on watching a movie like I usually do.

And yay for dog tattoos! I’m planning a large leg piece of frankie as a sailor right now (I have a few nautical themed ones already so I wanted something other than just plain him) and am so excited about it.

• blitzkriegx says:

• crysania4 says:

• crysania4 says:

• crysania4 says:

• crysania4 says:

• crysania4 says:

• recreatexme says:

That does suck. I wish I could give you some pointers on how to process but all I do is breathe really deeply. It’s something innate for me to be able to process pain, and at the speed that I do. Plus I’m wired differently, being a sexual masochist and all. *lol*

11. crysania4 says: