The thing with me is that I prefer to live in a clean environment, but I’m lazy lol. I discovered a blog about a year ago called Unfuck Your Habitat that has the premise that doing something is better than nothing. She advocates doing 20/10s (20 minutes of cleaning, 10 minutes break) or 45/15s. Now that Hailey has moved out and it is only my mess to deal with, I am trying to get the house to the level of cleanliness that I want to live in. No more guest-ready – now it’s time for me-ready.
I’m going to be posting before and after pictures (I’m a sucker for those) and just keeping track of things I’ve done. They’ll be tagged UFYH and I’ll cut them because they are probably not terribly interesting to anyone else. But feel free to comment if you like, to give me motivation :D.
I was feeling terribly tired today but after going for a walk at the dog park with Angela I felt invigorated.
In 45 minutes I did the following:
• vacuumed the entire upstairs
• three loads of laundry (including stripping my bed and putting clean linen on)
• put all the clean laundry away – that’s the third step to laundry: wash, dry, and put it away GODDAMMIT
• put away all my groceries
• put away clean dishes
Edited to add:
About 10:30pm I didn’t feel like going to bed but I also didn’t feel like watching more tv. So I did another 45 minutes:
• vacuumed the stairs and entire downstairs
• reset the kitchen (washed the few dishes in the sink, ran the dw, wiped the counter)
• took out some recycling
• gathered up all clothes and brought them upstairs
• put away all clothes randomly hanging around my room
I am proud of what I did today. And I am proud that the kitchen has stayed clean this entire week.