Meeting Aiko and Khai

Maia and her blood sister were reunited for a walk earlier this week. They were brought up from Idaho together to the shelter and Kim who managed that shelter fell in love with Maia’s sister who she named Aiko. Kim has stayed in touch with the couple who adopted Aiko, and I decided to see if Kel would like to meet up and walk all the dogs together.

We got together on Monday and walked on the dykes, Kel and Aiko and Khai (their other Aussie), and then me and Maia and Bosco. Maia showed some mad teeth to Aiko, who then refused to look in her direction for the rest of the walk. Other than that, they ignored each other. Khai thought Bosco was quite the best thing ever and wouldn’t stop humping him. Bosco, surprisingly, didn’t seem bothered by this. Normally he gets stress drooly when he meets other dogs but he didn’t get that way with Khai.

Sisters

Maia and Aiko. Look at all the spots!

Kel and I got along so well, comparing stories of the girls. Aiko is a strange dog! She kept going off into the bushes and lying down, and refusing to come out. We’d walk 100 yards down before Aiko would come out and lope after us. She has major separation anxiety and can’t be left home alone without Khai. And she’s a couch potato – would be happy to never leave the house for walks.

Maia, Khai, and Aiko

Maia, Khai, and Aiko

Kel mentioned how difficult it is to find somewhere to board them together and so her husband and her having been doing separate vacations. I was like, um, I do that! She was so thrilled to find out I do boarding. Apparently they want to go to a wedding in Jamaica in April but haven’t known what to do with the dogs. So hopefully I have both a new dog friend and a new client!

Everyone off sniffing

Everyone off sniffing.

This entry was posted in the everyday and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Meeting Aiko and Khai

1. Wow, what a beautiful gang!

2. Wow, what a beautiful gang!

3. Wow, what a beautiful gang!

4. Wow, what a beautiful gang!

5. Wow, what a beautiful gang!

6. Wow, what a beautiful gang!

7. Wow, what a beautiful gang!

8. Wow, what a beautiful gang!

9. Wow, what a beautiful gang!

Aiko and Khai are beautiful! It’s really neat that you all met up.

Aiko and Khai are beautiful! It’s really neat that you all met up.

Aiko and Khai are beautiful! It’s really neat that you all met up.

Aiko and Khai are beautiful! It’s really neat that you all met up.

Aiko and Khai are beautiful! It’s really neat that you all met up.

Aiko and Khai are beautiful! It’s really neat that you all met up.

Aiko and Khai are beautiful! It’s really neat that you all met up.

Aiko and Khai are beautiful! It’s really neat that you all met up.

Aiko and Khai are beautiful! It’s really neat that you all met up.

19. OMG aussies!! I love aussies 🙂 What beautiful dogs all around! I’m glad you got to go walking with them.

20. OMG aussies!! I love aussies 🙂 What beautiful dogs all around! I’m glad you got to go walking with them.

21. OMG aussies!! I love aussies 🙂 What beautiful dogs all around! I’m glad you got to go walking with them.

22. OMG aussies!! I love aussies 🙂 What beautiful dogs all around! I’m glad you got to go walking with them.

23. OMG aussies!! I love aussies 🙂 What beautiful dogs all around! I’m glad you got to go walking with them.

24. OMG aussies!! I love aussies 🙂 What beautiful dogs all around! I’m glad you got to go walking with them.

25. OMG aussies!! I love aussies 🙂 What beautiful dogs all around! I’m glad you got to go walking with them.

26. OMG aussies!! I love aussies 🙂 What beautiful dogs all around! I’m glad you got to go walking with them.

27. OMG aussies!! I love aussies 🙂 What beautiful dogs all around! I’m glad you got to go walking with them.