Christmas 2013

I’m not big into Christmas. I don’t like gift giving for the sake of it, at all. I truly love giving unexpected gifts that make the person’s face light up. My family is not materialistic anyway so we don’t do a big presents thing.

I wasn’t able to get Sunday or Monday night off work and those were the only days offered by my mother for Christmas dinner, so once again the family had a holiday meal without me because working around my schedule is inconvenient but working around my brother and his girlfriend’s is fine. Yeah that’s some bitterness right there. Shit like that makes me wish there was even more distance between us than just 45 minutes :/.

But whatever, I went for dinner there last night, with just my parents, and it was not as terrible as I was expecting. I may have finally drilled into them that their sniping at each other is not acceptable behaviour around me, because they kept it to a minimum.

I was exhausted when I got home and went to bed at 9, slept like the dead until 11ish, and then tossed and turned for the rest of the night until my alarm went off at 5.

I was expecting work today to be quiet and it mostly was for the first few hours. One of the staff brought a griddle and warmers and made us all bacon, sausages, hash browns, eggs, and pancakes. That was unexpected and very delicious.

I had enough time after work to lie down for 30 minutes; then it was off to Hailey’s mum’s house for dinner. She’s so sweet – she invited me back in October when H was moving out. I got to cuddle her little dog, Remy, and gives loves (and tidbits of ham!) to Dennis and Monster.

Then home to take my two poor neglected beasties to the park for some sniffies, and then I lay on the couch for the rest of the evening. I am looking forward to my day off on Friday – I’m turning off my phone and having a silent day. I need to recharge after all the socializing.

Some photos from the past week:

Maia running in the snow.

Bosco belly!

This entry was posted in the everyday and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Christmas 2013

Bosco bellllly!!!

Sorry your family didn’t take your plans into consideration. I feel like the holidays are terrible about showing us what people are truly like/care about. :/

I hope today is as relaxing as you need it to be!

Bosco bellllly!!!

I hope today is as relaxing as you need it to be!

Bosco bellllly!!!

I hope today is as relaxing as you need it to be!

Bosco bellllly!!!

I hope today is as relaxing as you need it to be!

Bosco bellllly!!!

I hope today is as relaxing as you need it to be!

Bosco bellllly!!!

I hope today is as relaxing as you need it to be!

Bosco bellllly!!!

I hope today is as relaxing as you need it to be!

Bosco bellllly!!!

I hope today is as relaxing as you need it to be!

Bosco bellllly!!!

I hope today is as relaxing as you need it to be!