Reading goal

I used to read voraciously. A few years ago I made a goal of 100 books in the year and actually read 130. But since I started reading blogs and articles on the internet I have almost completely stopped reading books.

My goal for 2014 is to read 8 books. That is one book every month and a half, and that feels doable. I hope to recover my love of reading fiction.

To start myself off I have bought the newest series from Robin Hobb for my kindle. They were on sale at Amazon for $2 each. I have the three other trilogies by her that are set in the same world in dead tree format (which I prefer) but I couldn’t pass up such a sale.

There may be other goals to come for 2014 but for now this is it.

117 Responses to Reading goal

1. nutmeg3 says:

For different reasons, I’ve ended up in much the same place. It’s partly the lure of the internet but also in large part due to my job (book editor). It’s changed the way I read and uses up my concentration and reading mojo. I still love reading when I get a chance to do it for pleasure, I just hardly ever get the chance. *sigh*

I can see how that would totally change the way you read. I got out of the habit in university because I read so much for my degree (humanities and philosophy) so my relaxation turned to tv. And then once I got Maia my whole life changed! But reading is so good!

2. nutmeg3 says:

3. nutmeg3 says:

4. nutmeg3 says:

5. nutmeg3 says:

6. nutmeg3 says:

7. nutmeg3 says:

8. nutmeg3 says:

9. nutmeg3 says:

I also used to read a lot, but don’t seem to have time anymore. I have trouble finding books I can really get into.

19. blitzkriegx says:

Yay books! Do you have the trilogies still? I wouldn’t mind reading a trilogy along with you, except from the earlier series!

20. blitzkriegx says: