Beach time!

Today was brilliantly sunny so I decided to drive the dogs out to White Rock beach, about 45 minutes away. The tide goes way out there so it’s a good place to take reactive Maia on a weekday because even if there are people, there is a ton of space to run around.

Angela saw my post about the beach on fb and texted me, hinting that she would like to come. I was happy to go alone but company was welcome so I picked her and Gunnar up on my way. Then we stopped off at Hailey’s work so that Dodge could meet more people.

Hailey took Dodge and me through the warehouse and front office. He met a ton of people, all who gave him cookies. He is still head shy around strangers but he has learned that if he sits and looks gorgeous that cookies rain in his mouth. Hailey was jealous that we were off for a beach adventure but that’s the joy of not working a m-f 9-5 job – weekday fun times!

Gunnar is a ball obsessed Aussie Cattle Dog; Maia loves to play ball on the beach; Dodge likes to get the ball and run around with it. Luckily, we had three balls! Unluckily, Angela brought one with holes (like a whiffle ball) that sank, and the dogs could not figure out what we wanted. That necessitated Angela taking off her shoes and going wading to retrieve it, and I soon joined her for the first barefoot walk of the season. I love being barefoot and the sand felt so nice. The water was really cold though!

This shows some of the scope of the beach. This wasn’t even full low tide.

Dodge wants to get the ball from Gunnar.

I just realized that this picture is hilarious because it looks like there is a mini Bosco standing on Dodge’s back lol.

Maia and Dodge wrestle.

It’s a ways to go and not something I do all the time but when I do get to the beach with the dogs, we all enjoy it so much.

And it leaves them like this for the rest of the day:

This entry was posted in the everyday and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

63 Responses to Beach time!

1. crysania4 says:

I always love the results of these kinds of fun days. ZONKED OUT DOGGIES. Always the best.

2. crysania4 says:

3. crysania4 says:

4. crysania4 says:

5. crysania4 says:

6. crysania4 says:

7. crysania4 says:

8. crysania4 says:

9. crysania4 says:

This makes me want spring so badly! I can’t wait until the ponds unfreeze at the nearby park so we can resume our water adventures. (Tuckered out dogs are the best!)

19. nutmeg3 says:

It’s pouring rain and gray and cold here, so I’m living vicariously through you right now.

20. nutmeg3 says: