Another beach day

I took Maia out by herself today. We went through the Tim Horton’s drive-thru and then drove to the park. She didn’t bark once. This is the dog who has totally barking mania fits in the car when she sees a person, dog, cat, squirrel, horse, car, etc. Very interesting to see how changing a variable (no other dogs in the car) changes the reaction.

We played a little bit of ball at the park but it was very warm in the sun and Maia was panting heavily and not charging for the ball like she normally does so I didn’t stay as long as planned. We walked back to the car through the neighbourhood and while I forgot to grab a clicker we still played Look At That with the person and vehicles we saw. Maia totally remembered exactly what we were doing and was sitting, looking, and taking treats like we play this every day. I probably should do this more often with her.

Later on I drove into the city (which took an hour but was not nearly as horrific of a drive as I was expecting) to meet Kel, Khai, and Aiko at the off leash dog beach. Maia stayed at home (which is why she got solo time earlier) and I just took the boys.

Everyone had a blast. Kel and I both brought chuck-its so we were able to keep throwing balls pretty much continuously for two hours. Dodge ran that whole time. Bosco chased the ball a bit, ran after other dogs a bit, and wandered off to sniff interesting things a bit. He stress drooled a bit at the very beginning but got over it quickly.

Handsome Khai

Aiko whining in the water

Random dog, Aiko, and Dodge

Beautiful Vancouver (with bonus random Shiba Inu)

Since I’ve been home Maia has been sprawled across my lap, and the boys are sleeping deeply. Happy contented tired dogs – just the way I like them 🙂

This entry was posted in the everyday and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Another beach day

Love the random dogs! That last photo could be a a Shiba meme. 🙂

The Shiba was hilarious. She belonged to the same lady as Random Dog in the previous picture. The lady stood and chatted with us for about half an hour and the Shiba first lay down on the sand very regally, and then moved to sit there and watch over everything. Other than that, it’s like we were completely beneath her notice. Except when I pulled out the hotdogs. She did deign to take a piece from me.

Love the random dogs! That last photo could be a a Shiba meme. 🙂

Love the random dogs! That last photo could be a a Shiba meme. 🙂

Love the random dogs! That last photo could be a a Shiba meme. 🙂

Love the random dogs! That last photo could be a a Shiba meme. 🙂

Love the random dogs! That last photo could be a a Shiba meme. 🙂

Love the random dogs! That last photo could be a a Shiba meme. 🙂

Love the random dogs! That last photo could be a a Shiba meme. 🙂

Love the random dogs! That last photo could be a a Shiba meme. 🙂

10. blitzkriegx says:

He’s definitely a sighthound mix. Whippet possibly. He looks identical to a Cretan Hound. In photos he looks lab-like but in person nope! He’s only 35lbs.

11. blitzkriegx says: