Hope Is A 4-Letter Word

I got the job I interviewed for – yay!

A woman in my department is going to grieve my appointment as she is senior and also applied – boo! (But also totally valid.)

Apparently she made a mistake on her resume that caused her application to be rejected; therefore maybe no grievance possible – yay!

This position is a temporary full time one for a year. It’s 8-4 with weekends off. I don’t know about this yet. I’ve always worked shift work with days off during the week and I like that. Weekends are busy and crowded. But having a set schedule will be pretty awesome.

I always go visit Boss during the week because he is gone 35-40 weekends of the year, and usually spends his at-home ones with Tiffany (his primary relationship). Not having days off during the week is going to make seeing him almost impossible. This is a giant fucking BOO.

(I just came back from a two night trip to see him. We said ‘I love you’ for the first time. He bought me a pay as you go US phone that he will pay for when I go visit. That more than anything made me feel loved and special and taken care of. I will NOT let this relationship fade because of a job. Not when we are two years in [my longest relationship ever] and it has been a bumpy road to get here.)

I start in the new position on Monday and I’m really looking forward to learning new things, meeting new people, and creating new contacts in the company. But now a huge piece of me is actually hoping that the grievance goes through so that I can go back to Customer Info where my weekday days off mean easy trips to Oregon.

Why can’t it ever be simple??

~~~

In other news, Dodge has an adopter! Tracey has had rottie shepherd crosses before and she is head over heels in love with him. She can’t take him until the end of April but Bev and I did the home check last weekend and she’s taking him for a sleepover this Saturday night. She’s totally understanding about how much I love him and that I will want to stay in contact.

~~~

Today is the first day since Dodge and Beau plowed into my knee that I’m not limping. Hopefully this means it was just a small meniscus tear. Fingers crossed.

This entry was posted in the everyday and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Hope Is A 4-Letter Word

Congrats! Sorry to hear it might mess with things with Boss. I hope that isn’t the case.

What will you be doing in the new position?

How exciting for Dodge! I’m glad he found a good home!

The new job title is Procurement Assistant. So … Ordering buses? And parts for buses? I don’t really know – I applied on a whim, never really expecting to get it :D. I guess I’ll find out on Monday.

What will you be doing in the new position?

How exciting for Dodge! I’m glad he found a good home!

What will you be doing in the new position?

How exciting for Dodge! I’m glad he found a good home!

What will you be doing in the new position?

How exciting for Dodge! I’m glad he found a good home!

What will you be doing in the new position?

How exciting for Dodge! I’m glad he found a good home!

What will you be doing in the new position?

How exciting for Dodge! I’m glad he found a good home!

What will you be doing in the new position?

How exciting for Dodge! I’m glad he found a good home!

What will you be doing in the new position?

How exciting for Dodge! I’m glad he found a good home!

What will you be doing in the new position?

How exciting for Dodge! I’m glad he found a good home!