Weekly Challenge from UFYH

Everything that comes into your home this week gets immediately put away. Groceries, mail, shopping bags, whatever. No lingering on counters or doorknobs. The contents get put away and any bags get stashed wherever they belong. Trash and recycling go to the appropriate containers. Any mail that needs to get shredded or recycled gets done on the spot.

Remember, “put it away, goddammit” is going to help prevent more than half of your mess, at least. Whether it’s laundry, dishes, or the inexplicably always $80+ worth of stuff you got at Target, it needs to get put away before you do anything else, including sit down or get on the internet.

~~~

I’m fairly good at this when it comes to mail and groceries and such, but I am terrible about putting my clothes somewhere other than the floor at the end of the day. That’s my challenge this week – clothes get put in the laundry basket or hung up again. They do NOT create a floordrobe.

18 Responses to Weekly Challenge from UFYH

I loathe putting away clean clothes. Good about the dirty ones making it into the hamper. I think it’s less hanging them up and more matching up socks and folding underwear. HATE IT.

10. Erin says:

I’m good with clean laundry, 95% of the time. And dirty clothes go straight in the hamper. But it’s the ‘not dirty enough to wash, not clean enough to just hang back up again’ clothes that end up on the floor or creating a pile on the clothes airer. I haven’t figured out a good system for that yet.

11. Erin says: