Home Stuff

I made a list yesterday of all the things that I want to do to my house. Or, I should say all the things that I could think of in each room while sitting on the couch. There may be more things when I go through each room.

The bathrooms I would love to be able to redo but I don't know when I'll ever have money to do so. For the time being anything in brackets is more on the wish list.

There are a LOT of tasks but by making a list and trying to break it down, I'm hoping I won't feel so overwhelmed. This weekend my goal is to get just one thing done on the list. Having one thing checked off will go a long way to making me feel accomplished and wanting to keep going.

Outside
Clean tape off front door
Paint white trim
Garage
Make space for freezer
Donate / recycle / throw away stuff in boxes
Sweep
Go through boxes in storage space and donate / recycle / throw stuff away
Go through camping equipment and store it better (Rubbermaid bins?)
Front Room
New way to organize shoes?
Donate / recycle / throw away stuff
Paint grout
Paint inside closet
Paint trim on half wall
Get closet doors
Organize hall closet
Donate jackets / scarves
* seal the tiled floors after grout painting

Dining Area

Everything on bookshelves donated / recycled / thrown away / new home found
Bookshelves sold on Bidding Wars
Baseboards painted
Living Room
Baseboards painted
Last bookshelf organized
Mantel cleaned off and painted
Curtain hooks installed (to hold back curtains)
Sliding doors cleaned
Brass on fireplace painted black
System / container for dog toys?
* downstairs walls painted

Downstairs Bathroom

Toilet fixed
New baseboards to match rest of downstairs
Walls painted (grey?)
Trim painted
Windowsill painted
Blinds cleaned
Upstairs Hallway
Baseboards painted
Walls painted
Inside of linen closet painted
(New shelves in linen closet?)
Closet door painted
Inside of laundry closet painted
Dryer vent cleaned out
Floor properly cleaned in laundry closet
Rusted shelf thrown out
Closet doors painted
Bosco's Room
Everything removed from closet walls
Inside of closet painted
(New closet organizer)
Closet doors painted
Ceiling touch – ups
Everything being stored goes into boxes or bins, labeled and in the closet
Everything else donated / recycled / thrown away
(New blinds)
Door painted
Hinges / doorknob painted
Hailey's Old Room
Everything removed from closet walls
Inside of closet painted
(New closet organizer)
Closet doors purchased and painted
Ceiling touch – ups
Paint touch – ups
Ceiling touch – ups
Door painted
Hinges / doorknob painted
Art over the bed
Art over the bookcase
Storage boxes gone through and things donated / recycled / thrown away
(New blinds)
Dresser painted (white with stencilling?)
My Bathroom
Painted?
New baseboards to match
(New vanity)
(New shelving)
New caulking around shower
Replace shower door
(New flooring)
Door painted
Hinges / doorknob painted

18 Responses to Home Stuff

1. slobberpuppy says:

What a great list! There are definite affordable bite-sized items in there that will make a big difference. You should do before & after photos of your accomplishments! I always love seeing people’s homes, and how they make them awesome.

And thanks for the reminder – I put together a box of donations the other day that needs to b dropped off. It feels so good to cleanse and purge!

2. slobberpuppy says:

3. slobberpuppy says:

4. slobberpuppy says:

5. slobberpuppy says:

6. slobberpuppy says:

7. slobberpuppy says:

8. slobberpuppy says:

9. slobberpuppy says:

Fantastic list! I am a big believer (and lover) of lists. They’re motivating, while also a bit daunting, but the best part is crossing things off. 🙂

Make sure to do before/after pics! 😀 I want to see!

Make sure to do before/after pics! 😀 I want to see!

Make sure to do before/after pics! 😀 I want to see!

Make sure to do before/after pics! 😀 I want to see!

Make sure to do before/after pics! 😀 I want to see!

Make sure to do before/after pics! 😀 I want to see!

Make sure to do before/after pics! 😀 I want to see!

Make sure to do before/after pics! 😀 I want to see!

Make sure to do before/after pics! 😀 I want to see!