Weekend Adventures

I had such a lovely Saturday. I didn't speak to anyone except the Starbucks barista. I spent the day alternating being cleaning and watching Rectify (which I highly recommend!). I ended the day by taking the dogs to the part around 9pm, and their new LED lights worked like a hot damn.

Then yesterday I was up early to take the dogs for a proper walk. We were out before it got hot and there was no one else around on the dyke. It continued the soul rejuvination that I began on Saturday. Then I was off to Langley to meet up with Amber, a friend from the call centre. We went to BBQ Off The Bypass which is a barbecue competition. Every hour the competitors have to present a particular item to the judges and then they have free samples for the public. We were there for the pulled pork hour and considering there were about 15 competitors, we ate our fill!

I went home for a much needed nap in the quiet and cool of my bedroom, but then I was off to my parents' for dinner. I tried acorn squash for the first time in years and I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it. I think it's hard to dislike anything when it's dripping with butter though. Always good to add another vegetable to the diet. (Also, I just looked at the word SQUASH so many times that it looks weird and I'm finding it hilarious that we call vegetables SQUASHES.)

And then – AND THEN!!! We went to the Elton John concert! My brother, his girlfriend, and I got tickets for the three of us plus my dad for a birthday / Father's Day present. I took my dad years ago when Elton came with Billy Joel and we were blown away. He did not disappoint this time either. He is such a fantastic singer – he owes nothing to studio mixing. He plays the piano and sings his heart out and it was so great. Best quote of the night from him: "Being cool is overrated. You're cool for 5 seconds, then you're not cool. I've never been cool and I'm fucking glad of it!" My only wish is that he performed 'Daniel' because that is one of my all-time favourite songs. However, he got most of my other favourites, including 'Crocodile Rock' in his encore.

I didn't get home unitl midnight so the alarm came way too quickly this morning. I can't even relax after work because I have a hair appointment. My roots are ridiculous and I probably need about four inches cut off to take care of the split ends. But I get to cuddly kitties while my hairdresser does my streaks so I think I'll manage.

This entry was posted in the everyday and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Weekend Adventures

Oh good for the LED lights! Smart idea. 🙂

I LOVE days where I can hang out at home, with no real expectations for myself, no one to speak to, and just RELAX. It’s something I’ve been lacking lately and I really need it soon. (Hoping for tonight, actually!) Otherwise I just cannot recharge properly.

I would LOVE to see Elton John in concert! He is one of my favorite celebrities.

Oh good for the LED lights! Smart idea. 🙂

Oh good for the LED lights! Smart idea. 🙂

Oh good for the LED lights! Smart idea. 🙂

Oh good for the LED lights! Smart idea. 🙂

Oh good for the LED lights! Smart idea. 🙂

Oh good for the LED lights! Smart idea. 🙂

Oh good for the LED lights! Smart idea. 🙂

Oh good for the LED lights! Smart idea. 🙂

10. slobberpuppy says:

This sounds like a wonderful weekend. Although it makes me realize how much I miss my Pogo Puppy and my solitude, and having a cafe within walking distance of my door.

Life changes tho, and I am happy for what I do have, even if I miss some of what has left.

11. slobberpuppy says: