Change

I managed to tell my therapist my deepest darkest secret. And I didn't die! (That's our yardstick for difficult conversations. Did you die? No? Ok it's probably going to be ok then.)

I am in a curious place now of confronting a deep held belief about myself that might possibly be untrue. And if it's untrue, then it opens up avenues in my life that I didn't think would ever be open.

It's bloody scary. I'm just … sitting with these thoughts right now. I have a tendency to get fatalistic so I'm trying to just be open to the idea that things could possibly be different. It helps that last year we confronted my other hugely negative self-belief and now when it tries to rear its head at me I tell it to back the fuck down, that I don't play that game any more. So change can happen. These beliefs are not rooted in stone.

54 Responses to Change

Good for you… I don’t know if I could tell anyone my deepest darkest secret. :/

Good for you… I don’t know if I could tell anyone my deepest darkest secret. :/

Good for you… I don’t know if I could tell anyone my deepest darkest secret. :/

Good for you… I don’t know if I could tell anyone my deepest darkest secret. :/

Good for you… I don’t know if I could tell anyone my deepest darkest secret. :/

Good for you… I don’t know if I could tell anyone my deepest darkest secret. :/

Good for you… I don’t know if I could tell anyone my deepest darkest secret. :/

Good for you… I don’t know if I could tell anyone my deepest darkest secret. :/

Good for you… I don’t know if I could tell anyone my deepest darkest secret. :/

10. So much hugs and so much empathy.

I’m really stalled in a lot of things right now and one of them is progress on this front. You are awesome and brave and I’m so proud for you!

11. So much hugs and so much empathy.

12. So much hugs and so much empathy.

13. So much hugs and so much empathy.

14. So much hugs and so much empathy.

15. So much hugs and so much empathy.

16. So much hugs and so much empathy.

17. So much hugs and so much empathy.

18. So much hugs and so much empathy.

19. slobberpuppy says:

This post makes me happy.
    Change DOES happen!!!
    You will find your way –
    The fear is just old patterns trying to hold strong.

Go you!!!

20. slobberpuppy says:

This post makes me happy.
    Change DOES happen!!!
    You will find your way –
    The fear is just old patterns trying to hold strong.

Go you!!!

21. slobberpuppy says:

This post makes me happy.
    Change DOES happen!!!
    You will find your way –
    The fear is just old patterns trying to hold strong.

Go you!!!

22. slobberpuppy says:

This post makes me happy.
    Change DOES happen!!!
    You will find your way –
    The fear is just old patterns trying to hold strong.

Go you!!!

23. slobberpuppy says:

This post makes me happy.
    Change DOES happen!!!
    You will find your way –
    The fear is just old patterns trying to hold strong.

Go you!!!

24. slobberpuppy says:

This post makes me happy.
    Change DOES happen!!!
    You will find your way –
    The fear is just old patterns trying to hold strong.

Go you!!!

25. slobberpuppy says:

This post makes me happy.
    Change DOES happen!!!
    You will find your way –
    The fear is just old patterns trying to hold strong.

Go you!!!

26. slobberpuppy says:

This post makes me happy.
    Change DOES happen!!!
    You will find your way –
    The fear is just old patterns trying to hold strong.

Go you!!!

27. slobberpuppy says:

This post makes me happy.
    Change DOES happen!!!
    You will find your way –
    The fear is just old patterns trying to hold strong.

Go you!!!